Manufacturing Production & Wholesale
Alro is a distributor of metals, industrial supplies, and plastics. Beginning in 1948, Alro Steel was incorporated in a small garage in Jackson, Michigan. The name “Al-Ro” was derived from the first two letters from brothers Al & Robert Glick. Al began the company during a steel shortage in the 1940’s which was due to the military demands of World War II. Al found a niche matching up companies with steel needs to companies with excess steel. Today, Alro has grown to over 60 locations in 12 states.